Tuesday 15 June 2010

Happy endings

I'd like to tie up a couple of odds and ends from previous posts, if I may.

About a month ago, you may recall my dilemma regarding how to find a home for the hundred or so fruit and vegetable seedlings pictured below.



This story has a very happy ending. Just at the right moment, a brand new raised flowerbed was constructed at my children's school. My offer to fill it with all these vulnerable and homeless seedlings was accepted and their junior gardening club members did the rest. There is a now weekly rota whereby each class take it in turns to tend the vegetable patch.


As you can see in the photographs, the plants have settled in well and are thriving and flourishing in their new home. It's wonderful to see their progress every time I drop the children at nursery and school.


Another unfinished story from a few months ago centred around my 5 year old; he was having a bit of a sad time during his school playtimes. Eventually, we managed to get to the bottom of the problem whilst making our lovely WALL-E figure out of a tissue box as pictured below (see Where's WALL-E March 2010 ). Things have improved a bit since then.


But the story continues because WALL-E remains such a firm favourite with both my children. Fans of the film will be pleased to hear that at long last we've made EVE. This was possible because we finally finished the shower-wash container long since earmarked for her. She was incredibly simple to make, and due to her previous life, smells freshly fragrant too. And so WALL-E and EVE are together at last, living Le vie en rose*


I do love a happy ending.


*from the soundtrack of the Disney/Pixar film WALL-E.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please leave your comment here.