Thursday 22 July 2010

Singin' in the rain


Just when I thought the rain might put a dampener on our plans for the day, my two children grabbed their umbrellas and headed out to the garden excitedly.

Daisy announced it was time for The Umbrella Show and I was to be the audience. This was a great excuse to just stand and watch them singing and dancing around in the warm summer rain. Daisy sang I've got a jolly brolly - something she must have got from nursery, and Bud started them off on Any umbrellas to mend today - one of our favourite half-remembered songs of yesteryear.

The Umbrella Show reminded me of the famous Singin' in the Rain routine and later, thanks to YouTube, I was able to show them Gene Kelly in a similar frame of mind. And they loved it. They also laughed heartily at the Morecambe and Wise comedy version; I'd forgotten what a classic that is.

But for me it was The Umbrella Show which put the biggest smile on my face today. Just Buddy and Daisy dancin' and singin' in the rain...




1 comment:

  1. What a funny idea!! My little baby girl like different things to do and I think this will be enjoyable for me also when I'll see she is making this.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts. Please leave your comment here.